Over Mother's Day weekend, we planted our first container garden. We don't have the space for a "real" garden yet, though we hope to someday soon! For now, we're taking baby steps. We got some containers off of Craigslist, and the kids helped me decide what to plant. We picked things we eat a lot: carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, lettuce, bell peppers, basil, parsley and oregano. The kids helped plant everything, and they continue to help water it every evening. It's going crazy now, and we are starting to see the fruits of our labor in green tomatoes and strawberries, thriving lettuce and herbs, and flowering cucumbers and bell peppers. Oh, and we added the beans Ethan had started in a ziplock bag and wet paper towel at school! I just kept watering the paper towel, and those two seeds just kept sprouting and growing, until I finally added them in with the bell pepper. To be honest, I'm not even sure what kind of bean they are. Ha!
And... Queen Elsa ;)







No comments:
Post a Comment